To use DNAPassport, please follow these steps:
- Purchase DNAPassport on Helix.com. Your purchase consists of a DNA test kit from Helix, plus the application. If you've already been sequenced on Helix, you do not need to purchase a new kit.
- Register your DNA test kit and submit your sample (not required if you've already used another Helix product).
- Download the free DNA Passport app or access the web version.
- Create your DNAPassport account. Please note that this is separate from your Helix account.
- Link your Helix account within the app. You only need to do this one time.
- Access your results!
Important note: to complete this process, you'll create a Helix account and a DNAPassport account. Then you'll link them in the DNAPassport app - these are 2 separate steps.
Here's a step by step guide:
- Purchase DNAPassport on Helix.com. If you've already had your DNA sequenced on Helix, you do not need a new kit - you can select this option when you complete purchase.
- Create your Helix account - this will happen in the process of ordering the product.
- Receive your kit in the mail.
- Register your kit: Follow the instructions to register the kit and submit your sample. If you received the kit as a gift, you'll create your Helix account during this step.
- Depending on your device of choice, you can download the free DNAPassport app in the app store or access it on the web.
It looks like this in the app store:
6. Create your DNAPassport account - this is a new account, and not your Helix account. You can do this using Facebook or email.
Please note, the illustrations are from our iPhone app, but the same process is followed on the web version.
7. Enter your DNAPassport account details:
8. Select "Existing Helix Customer" if you've already purchased DNAPassport. If you haven't, you can purchase here by selecting "Never Been Sequenced".
9. Connect your Helix account. You'll need the email and password you used to create your Helix account. Click "Connect" here.
9. Enter your Helix email and password here:
10. Explore! If your Helix results are ready, your traits will be viewable and your home screen will look like this:
If your DNA is still being sequenced, or all steps are not completed, your home screen will have prompts to complete all the steps:
Enjoy your journey!
If you have questions along the way, we're here to help - just chat with us via the the chat function (lower right of this screen) or visit https://support.helix.com/